Friday, February 19, 2010

Surviving Hollywood Week

The thing about writing a blog is trying to remember everything that happens and then finding the time to write it. So Tuesday was an interesting day because the precious schedule that we have worked so hard to get the baby on was blown by the doctor visits on Monday. You see my new baby rearing bible is called “The New Contented Little Baby Book: The Secret to Calm and Confident Parenting” has a very specific schedule in it. When it works it is like American Idol season 4 (Carrie Underwood’s season) and everything is puppies and butterflies. When it doesn’t work it is like Idol Season 5 (Taylor Hicks) full of disappointment and that dirty feeling you get from making out with a stranger at a bar at 3 am (not that I have ever done that Mom).

Because of this flux in the schedule, Tuesday is a blur. I just remember clearly thinking that Eliana is STRONGLY team Edward because any time I wear my Team Jacob shirt she spits up on it. It was also during this time that I noticed that Ellen has a segment/game that she plays with celebrities where Ellen/Celebs makes animal noises and then the other guesses what the animal is. My little niece would excel in this except that she can only make snorting noises and a caw like a macaw bird. I figure though if she has mastered these things by now imagine the level of ability she will have when she is older. The only thing of note was I managed to catch a rerun of Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

Now some of you know I am a wee bit obsessed when it comes to TV. This was the show that spawned this in me. When Buffy was on the air, it was a crime to call/text/stop by on Tuesday nights. I would tape every episode (pre-dvr) and then watch them over and over again. I would buy multi-regional VCRs just so I could buy the tapes of the seasons when I was in Europe. I was obsessed. I had been avoiding watching Buffy because it is so intrinsically linked to a specific period of time that has been hard to reconnect with. All I can say is that Buffy is still as good now as it was then.

Wednesday we had another adventure in the outside world. Iris and I took advantage of the “new” schedule so we took the baby shopping. We decided that it would be easier if Iris did the majority of the shopping while I stayed with the baby at a café reading my new book “March”. After a quick nosh I took the stroller for a quick walk down to the grocery store where Iris met us with the car. I must say this and apologize for my capslock voice: IF YOU SEE A STROLLER ON THE SIDE WALK GET THE F OUT OF THE WAY. What is it with Men that see a stroller and do nothing to move out of the way? Every single woman that I saw had appropriate stroller etiquette. Every man? Douches. One bloke even managed to knock into my stroller and caused the baby to cry and said nothing.

Wednesday was also my first night time feed. Anyone that has ever had to wake a sleeping baby up for a feed understands the Hellmouth that I opened. The baby isn’t much of a crier but she was not happy to be woken up to the Glee soundtrack. Think Ali but with better bed hair and a reason for wearing a diaper. Slowly I managed to feed her and get her back into bed before getting access to another set of Babies: Survivor Heroes V Villains. I don’t know what it is about this show but I love and get heavily invested in it (especially All Star editions).

Thursday was our resting day. Getting us out of this house was next to impossible. I did some work and we fought all day to get the baby to get back on schedule. I did manage to watch American Idol and must express my outrage over Angela Martin. Dear AI Judges as much as I love Hailey she is 16 and choked. Why not make HER wait another year and let the ready singer go through especially since she is no longer eligible because of your stupid age restrictions? Yeah, no response. That’s what I thought. She had better end up on X-Factor.

Lastly, how exciting has LOST been? Anyone else getting memories of Sliding Doors?

No comments:

Post a Comment