Sunday, April 11, 2010

Like a Phoenix

Hannah Montana has a song called “Everybody Makes Mistakes”. Some mistakes are small, like admitting on a blog that you listen to Hannah Montana, Others are larger like casting Ashlee Simpson Wentz on, well, anything. I have been blowing it. What am I talking about? My resolutions. You see as I approach my 25th birthday (just go with it) I decided to go on this quest to improve myself through New Year resolutions. My official one (the 12-31 kind) was to make a new resolution every month while continuing the previous one. The first was starting this blog. It has had it’s hits but a lot of misses since I haven’t really been good with the whole update as much as possible. The second was reading a book a month.

Now, I could get into the litany of excuses as to why I didn’t write but the truth is that I am lazy when it comes to it. The same thing goes with reading “real books”. I am trying to get better. I finished March and it was good if not darker than I normally like to read. I have this rule when it comes to Westerns and anything dealing with War. It is called don’t get attached. For the best example see Into The West. So even though the book was the telling of Little Woman based off the POV of the Father, it wasn’t the safe family fare that I was expecting. Remember gentle reader, we are a product of our environment. My environment was filled with superheroes and princess stories. I finished it and can understand its’ merits but will not be reading it again. I would definitely recommend it though to anyone with a stronger mental capacity.

On my quest for trying new things I have been doing Yoga for the past month. It has helped with my flexibility and I have enjoyed it. So this new month I am trying my new thing: forgiving myself for my mistakes. Which is harder than it seems. It is one thing to forgive myself for missing a subway it is quiet another for the larger things. But, those take two things Goose and Ice. No, I kid – patience and faith. I managed to finish Marches’ book the first weekend of April. It focused me and I can say that I finished April’s book Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang. I am posting this blog. Meaning that I have done better and that is all I can ask for. That and for casting directors to seriously think about the Ashlee Simpson Wentz thing. I am not kidding about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment