Thursday, March 18, 2010

St. Patty's

I was devastated that one of my favorite holidays ended without my favorite annual tradition: Guess the Walk of Shame. You see my legion (hi Mom), every year I love walking to my Starbucks, getting my Grande caramel macchiato, and then walking to work with my iPod blaring as I watch people do the walk of shame. Now, in Hell's Kitchen the walk of shame has classic signs.

1. The outfit is way to night vs day. Plus the heels are usually higher than any cast member from a Dr. Drew show.

2. They usually trip, fall, or run into someone/thing. I prefer the trifecta when they do all three.

3. The large bottle of water.

4. The large coffee.

5. If I am REALLY lucky the caked on makeup.

and lastly, my personal favorite:

6. The what-the-hell-just-happened expression as the person of interest is trying to piece the night together look as they realize they have no idea where they are in the city. BONUS points if they ask for directions.

Now seeing this gives me a glow that last way past my afternoon lunch and into my 4:20 snack time. The fact that I didn't see ANYONE do this makes me start to wonder have people grown up and bought some self respect at Duane Reade? Or did the amateurs stay home on St. Patty's? Neither of these are acceptable to me. Hopefully this will be resolved by Cinco de Mayo.

No comments:

Post a Comment