Friday, March 19, 2010

Dancing Through Life

It’s a weird feeling when you come home and an extended period of time has passed. There is this vibe like someone has been in my room but I don’t know what is different. At first I was thinking that being back to work reminded me of coming back to school after summer vacation. You have those few days where you wobble but then manage to come roaring back. It feels like that but extended to every aspect of my life. Couples broke up, couples got together, and the world kept turning. It has been interesting to suss out what events were shocking happened and are now deemed minor. Almost like a live episode of LOST.

I had an amazing pantry break with the effervescent Kevin Bacon of the Mormon world Karyn where we chatted and it is interesting to me how every time I talk to her she manages to understand everything I am saying even though it is twangy, slurred, and nonsensical. Then again it isn’t hard to discern what “I can’t feel my face” means in my world. She always manages to provide brilliant insight and an awesome sounding board. She is also quiet a little blogger.

One thing that has bothered me to no end is the failure that is masquerading as American Idol Season 9. Firstly, I like Kara. I don’t care if you turn on me but Kara knows what she is talking about even if she does seem very annoying. She has always made sense to me but, I am use to people hating her. It is weird to find people (all 12 that watch AI this year) like her. It is even weirder to see Ellen who came on strong and then flamed out as a judge. It is also torturous because Naomi from 90210 was calling herself Katelyn and got eliminated. Like Ms. Clark would go out before being able to go on tour? Basically, this season blows.

Speaking of blowing, thine name is Survivor. Yes, I still watch it. No, I won’t finish this season. CLEARLY it is going to be Pavarti Vs another winner at the end.

Lastly Glee, my precious Glee, I am worried about our relationship. It is one thing to have a concert tour it is another to think you are going to pull off a Broadway show. Don’t believe me? Ask the carcass that is Spider-Man. If Peter Parker can’t do it what makes you think you can? Especially because part of it (and by part I mean 2/3 rds of the main draw would be having Lea and Matthew back on the great B-way). How are you going to pull that off and still film? Why don’t you just focus on what I REALLY want which is summer episodes. I have always hated how summer is skipped or briefly mentioned on teen shows. The only shows that did it Right Saved by Mr. Carosi and 90210’s summer season.

Finally, I am finding myself obsessed with Joshua James’ “Lovers without Love”. It is a hauntingly beautiful song that according to iTunes I have heard 25 times this week. Opps. The link for it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJsPjkrwmts

No comments:

Post a Comment